Air Baltic Flights
Search & Book Air Baltic cheap flights on Tripuck
- 1 About Air Baltic
- 2 Air Baltic Check-in
- 3 Air Baltic Baggage Allowance
- 4 Air Baltic Seat Selection
- 5 Air Baltic Knee Distance
- 6 PINS Frequent Flyer Program
- 7 Air Baltic Food & Beverage
- 8 Air Baltic Inflight Entertainment
- 9 Air Baltic Pet Policy
- 10 Air Baltic Lounge
About Air Baltic
Air Baltic or AS Air Baltic Corporation is the national airline of Latvia, whose main base airport is Riga International Airport, located in the capital of Latvia, Riga. airBaltic combines the business models of traditional as well as low-cost airlines. The airline was founded on August 28, 1995. In 1996, Air Baltic began to develop its fleet with the acquisition of numerous aircraft. In 1997, the company created a cargo subsidiary. In 2003, the first Boeing 737 joined the Air Baltic fleet. In June 2004, airBaltic opened a hub in Vilnius and started direct flights to a number of European destinations. Thus, it became the first airline in the Baltic to take advantage of the opening of the aviation market in the EU, which permits accession and operation from another state. In January 2009, the Scandinavian company SAS sold its shares in the company, which amounted to 47.2%, to the Air Baltic group.
Air Baltic flights from Riga, Vilnius and Tallinn to more than 50 destinations in Europe and beyond. airBaltic operates around fifty direct flights from Riga every day, connecting it with Europe’s largest airports. The flight schedule is designed with the convenience of travelers in both business and leisure travel, while special offers at favorable prices allow you to plan vacations in time, as well as purchase last-minute flights.
Based on Riga International Airport, airBaltic offers low-cost flights, under the “one way ticket concept” pricing model. According to this, the price of tickets depends on demand and the traditional “Sunday rule” does not apply.
Air Baltic Hub Airports
Riga International Airport (RIX / EVRA)
Vilnius International Airport (VNO / EYVI)
Air Baltic Classes of Service
Economy Class Business Class
The airline offers tickets at attractive prices within its flight network, which covers Europe, Russia and the Middle East. airBaltic tickets – destinations: Amsterdam, Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Billund, Brussels, Budapest, Zurich, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Helsinki, Kiev, Copenhagen, Larnaca, London, Moscow, Milan, Munich, Minsk, Nice, Oslo, Palanga , Paris, Prague, Rhodes, Rome, Thessaloniki, Stockholm (Arlanda), Tallinn, Tbilisi, Tel Aviv, Warsaw, Venice, Verona, Vilnius, Vienna . The airline has a codeshare agreement with the following airlines.
In July 1996, airBaltic joins SAS EuroBonus Program. In July 2007, airBaltic launches its inline check-in system airBaltic was announced Airline of the Year 2009/2010 Gold Award winner by the ERA. In December 2012, airBaltic was awarded The International Diamond Prize for Excellence in Quality.
Air Baltic Check-in
From 7.03.2019, changes have been made to the airBaltic online check-in rules –
- Business, Premium and Basic ticket holders who have reserved a seat will be able to check in online 5 days (118 hours) before the flight as before.
- For basic fare tickets , without reserved seats, further online check-in will be available 36 hours before departure.
- It is possible to check in online for a return trip at the same time if there are less than 118 hours before the return flight at the time of check-in and if both flights are operated by airBaltic.
- Online check-in for connecting flights is available 24 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- For connecting flights where the second flight is operated by another airline, online check-in for both flights is available 24 hours before departure at the same time.
Click the button below to check in online.
You can check in for a flight at Riga Airport with the help of airport staff or using self-check-in machines. The check-in deadline using the self-check-in machine is the same as the check-in deadline for your flight, which is 40 minutes for economy class passengers and 30 minutes for business class passengers at Riga Airport.
Air Baltic Baggage Allowance
Two pieces of hand baggage are permitted in business class and one piece in economy class. Each piece can weigh a maximum of 8 kg and the external dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20 cm. Every air traveler can also carry a personal item or a small bag, such as a camera, laptop or bag with purchased duty-free goods. Attention: For Economy Class passengers, the total weight of hand luggage and an additional bag or additional item must not exceed 8 kg.
Across all classes, the maximum permissible weight per item of luggage is 20 kg. The maximum dimensions are 100 x 50 x 80 cm. In Economy Class Premium, a piece can be given free of charge. Free baggage is not included in the Economy Class Basic: there is a fee of EUR 29.99 for each piece of baggage required when booking online. This fee may increase if you pay later. In Business Class, two pieces of luggage can be carried free of charge. Status holders of the PINS loyalty program benefit from higher baggage allowance. Accordingly, PINS VIP members can take four pieces of luggage in Business Class and three pieces of luggage in Economy Class Premium. PINS Executive members benefit from three pieces of luggage in Business Class and two pieces of luggage in Economy Class. A piece of luggage weighing up to 10 kg can be carried for small children under two years of age. In addition, a collapsible stroller, a baby carrier or a child seat can be checked in free of charge. Excess baggage weighing up to 32 kg will be charged with a fee of 50 euros. Luggage with dimensions larger than the mentioned costs 60 euros.
Due to space constraints, special baggage can only be carried to a limited extent on each flight. Prior registration is recommended. Business Class passengers can take one piece of sports equipment with them free of charge. These include bicycles, golf luggage, ski, snowboard and surf equipment. The respective equipment must be packed in one package, whereby a set of equipment must not exceed 20 kg. Economy Class passengers must pay a fee of EUR 34.99 or more for the transport of the special luggage mentioned in each direction. Musical instruments can U. up to a size of 35 x 50 x 150 cm to be carried in the cabin. Consultation is also recommended here. The transportation of wheelchairs is free of charge for passengers with reduced mobility.
Tripuck does not guarantee the correctness and timeliness of the information. Contact your agency or airline for actual luggage information
Air Baltic Seat Selection
Air Baltic passengers can reserve a preferred seat from € 2.99. This can be done directly when booking or at a later time up to 72 hours before departure. The airline does not make any special statements regarding seats with more legroom. However, travelers can also book an additional seat, for example to share a row with only one passenger. The price of this service is calculated based on the net flight price of the ticket, but costs at least € 50 for direct flights and € 70 for connections with a change.
Air Baltic Knee Distance
Because of the airlines who want to reduce the cost of flying more passengers, knee distance is very important especially on long haul flights. The front seats and emergency exit seats are the seats with the highest knee distance. It is generally sold for a fee.
PINS Frequent Flyer Program
Baltic Miles – the bonus program from Air Baltic in detail
Anyone flying with Air Baltic and participating in Baltic Miles will receive ten points for one euro of the ticket price in Business Class. In Economy Class there are five points for every euro spent. Whoever flies with the partner SAS collects miles depending on the chosen flight route. If you travel from Scandinavia to Luxembourg or Geneva, you get 200 points in Economy Class, 750 points in Economy Extra Class and 2,250 points in Business Class. Anyone traveling to Manchester will earn even more miles: 250 in Economy, 1,000 in Economy Extra and 3,000 in Business.
The collected Baltic Miles can be redeemed on flights, on shopping trips or via other Air Baltic partner programs. Air Baltic has the Super Savers program, which you can use to upgrade your ticket to Business Class or get discounts. The Baltic Miles Shop also offers various options to exchange your points – for example for jewelry or perfume. There is also a special music shop where frequent flyers can exchange their miles for CDs of various genres.
Air Baltic Food & Beverage
Detailed information about airline’s paid and free catering services will be updated on this page soon.
Air Baltic Inflight Entertainment
Informational and entertaining material is offered in airBaltic flights, in order to make your flight even more pleasant and confortable. Find below the in-flight services offered according to ticket class:
• Special pre-order menu
• airBaltic Cafe offers you meals and snacks onboard from
• Baltic Outlook, airBaltic’s in-flight magazine
• Selection of the latest newspapers and magazines
• 3 course gourmet meal and a wide selection of complimentary drinks, including champagne and Nespresso coffee.
• airBalticShop in order to shop during flight.
• Baltic Outlook, airBaltic’s in-flight magazine
*Flying Business Class in airBaltic flights from/to Athens, Barcelona, Istanbul, Odessa, Simferopol, Helsinki, Lappenranta, Palanga, Turku, Tallinn, Vilnius, Kaunas, Tampere, Vaasa, Bergen, Billund, Aalesund, Stavanger and Chisinau, has the following restrictions:
Food and drinks are offered from a special menu.
Newspapers are not available on board.
Air Baltic does not currently offer internet on board its aircraft. So far, the airline has not commented on whether it wants to equip its fleet with WiFi in the future or not.
Air Baltic Pet Policy
Who wants to leave your best friend at home? On this page you will find the rules of traveling with your pet during your flight with Air Baltic. Please be sure to check with the airline before you travel, as the rules for transporting pets vary according to the airline.
Air Baltic Lounge
BalticMiles VIP members and Business Class passengers have access into following lounges:
1. Amman Jordan Business Lounge
2. Amsterdam Netherlands Servisair
3. Athens Greece Goldair Handling CIP Lounge
4. Baku Azerbaijan Business Lounge Service
5. Barcelona Spain VIP Lounge Spanair
6. Bari Italy Sala VIP Lounge
7. Beirut Lebanon Cedar Lounge
8. Belgrade Serbia Airport Lounge
9. Berlin Germany Berlin Airport Club
10. Billund Denmark King Amlet Lounge
11. Brussels Belgium SAS Business Lounge
12. Budapest Hungary Celebi Lounge
13. Copenhagen Denmark Novia Lounge
14. Dublin Ireland BMI BUSINESS LOUNGE
15. Dusseldorf Germany British Airways Lounge
16. Dubai United Arab Emirates Marhaba Lounge
17. Frankfurt Germany Air France Lounge
18. Gdansk Poland Executive Lounge
19. Geneva Switzerland Swissport Business Lounge
20. Yerevan Armenia “Primeclass” CIP LOUNGE
21. Tbilisi Georgia Airport Business Lounge
22. Hamburg Germany Hamburg Airport Lounge
23. Hanover Germany Carl Jatho Lounge
24. Helsinki Finland SAS Business Lounge, Finnair Business Lounge
25. Heraklion Greece Goldair Handling CIP Lounge
26. Istanbul Turkey Millennium Lounge
27. St Petersburg Russia Pulkovo Business Lounge, St.Petersburg Lounge
28. Kiev Ukraine Business Lounge
29. London(Gatwick) United Kingdom Servisair Lounge
30. Madrid Spain VIP Lounge Spanair
31. Milan Italy Sala Leonardo lounge
32. Minsk Belarus Minsk Airport Lounge
33. Moscow (SVO) Russia Galaktika Lounge
34. Moscow (DME) Russia Austrian Airlines Business Lounge
35. Munich Germany EUROPA-LOUNGE
36. Nice France Salon Schengen
37. Odessa Ukraine Odessa airport lounge
38. Oslo Norway SAS Business Lounge
39. Paris France SAS Lounge
40. Riga Latvia Business Lounge
41. Rome Italy Flightcare lounge
42. Simferopol Ukraine Simferopol Airport Lounge
43. Stockholm Sweden SAS Business Lounge
44. Tallinn Estonia Business Class Lounge “LINDA”
45. Tel Aviv Israel Dan Business Lounge
46. Venice Italy Marco Polo Club
47. Vienna Austria JET Lounge
48. Vilnius Lithuania Wine Lounge
49. Warsaw Poland Ballada lounge and Prelludium lounge
50. Zurich Switzerland SKYTEAM Lounge
Owner: State Owned
Frequent Flyer Program: PINS
Company slogan: Imagine where you can fly
Number of Aircraft: 34
Average Age of Aircraft: 5.8
Type of Aircraft: Boeing, de Havilland Canada, Airbus
Detail of Fleet: Airbus A220-300, Boeing 737-300, Boeing 737-500, Bombardier Dash 8 Q400
Head Office: Riga International Airport, Marupe Municipality, Riga, LV-1053, Latvia
Phone Number: +371 6 700 60 06
Fax Number: +371 6 720 73 69
Why should I choose?
Airline Website and Social Networks
Popular Air Baltic Flights
|Riga → Moscow|
|Moscow → Riga|
|Saint Petersburg → Riga|
|Riga → Saint Petersburg|
|Kyiv → Riga|
|Riga → Kyiv|
|Riga → Minsk|
|Vilnius → Riga|
|Riga → Vienna|
|Vienna → Riga|
|Riga → Vilnius|
|London → Riga|
|Riga → Frankfurt|
|Riga → Berlin|
|Riga → London|
|Riga → Amsterdam|
|Riga → Tbilisi|
|Frankfurt → Riga|
|Minsk → Riga|
|Tbilisi → Riga|